American Funds 2065 Target Date Retirement Fund℠
American Funds 2065 Target Date Retirement Fund may be appropriate for investors seeking:
- A prudent way to save for retirement in a single fund
- An investment that adjusts over time to meet their changing needs
- A portfolio of American Funds designed for someone retiring around 2065
Depending on the proximity to its target date, the fund will seek to achieve the following objectives to varying degrees: growth, income and conservation of capital.
The fund is managed by Capital Research and Management Company, one of the nation’s oldest, largest and most respected investment management firms. Since 1931, Capital Research has invested with a long-term focus based on thorough research and attention to risk.
- Began operations: 3/27/20
- Net and gross expense ratios:* 0.80% / 0.84%
- Investment expenses paid annually: $8.00 for a $1,000 balance
- Ticker symbol: AAOTX
*The investment adviser is currently reimbursing a portion of the other expenses, without which net expense ratios would have been higher. This reimbursement will be in effect through at least January 1, 2021. The adviser may elect at its discretion to extend, modify or terminate the reimbursement at that time. The expense ratios are estimated as of each fund’s prospectus and include the weighted average expenses of the underlying funds. Please see the fund’s most recent prospectus for details.
You can estimate the investment expenses you’re paying annually by multiplying your balance in the fund by the net expense ratio.
(as of 1/31/21; percentage of net assets; holdings are subject to change)
- AMCAP Fund® 7.0%
- EuroPacific Growth Fund® 4.0%
- The Growth Fund of America® 7.0%
- The New Economy Fund® 4.0%
- New Perspective Fund® 7.0%
- New World Fund® 4.0%
- SMALLCAP World Fund® 7.0%
- American Mutual Fund® 8.0%
- Capital World Growth and Income Fund® 7.0%
- Fundamental Investors® 8.0%
- International Growth and Income FundSM 4.0%
- The Investment Company of America® 9.0%
- Washington Mutual Investors FundSM 9.0%
The bar graph below shows the fund’s annual results and illustrates the fund’s fluctuations over the past 10 years. (The percentages are shown at net asset value, updated annually as of 12/31.)
Figures shown are past results and are not predictive of results in future periods. Current and future results may be lower or higher than those shown here. For more current information and month-end results, click here. Share price and return will vary, so you may lose money. Investing for short periods makes losses more likely.
Because the fund had not commenced investment operations as of December 31, 2019, information regarding investment results is not shown for that period.
Average annual total returns through 12/31/20
|Latest10 years||Latest5 years||Latest3 years||Latestyear|
|At net asset value||N/A||N/A||N/A||46.67%|
|At maximum offering price
(Class A shares, with 5.75% maximum sales charge)
Investment results assume all distributions are reinvested and reflect applicable fees and expenses.The investment adviser is currently reimbursing a portion of the other expenses, without which the results would have been lower. This reimbursement will be in effect through at least January 1, 2021. The adviser may elect at its discretion to extend, modify or terminate the reimbursement at that time. Read details about how waivers and/or reimbursements affect the results for each fund.